Larry A. Butler
Larry A. Butler joined the firm of Spragins, Barnett & Cobb in 1990. Mr. Butler’s practice is concentrated primarily in the area of commercial law and business transactions, banking, and related areas.
Mr. Butler was born Jackson, Tennessee, November 8, 1949; admitted to bar, 1976, Tennessee and U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee.
Mr. Butler is married to Rebecca K. Butler (formerly Rebecca R. Koonce). They have three children: Ryan, Ginger, and Brooks.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial & Business
- Business Acquisitions and Sales
- Real Estate Transactions
- Estate & Probate
- Trusts & Estate Planning
- Tennessee, 1976
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1976
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Estate Planning
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Agency & Partnerships
- Law Review: Tennessee Law Review, Member, 1975 - 1976
- University of Tennessee
- B.S. - 1972
- "Contracts-Real Estate Brokers-Exclusive Right of Sale Provisions", 42 Tenn. L. Rev. 405, 1975
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Jackson Center for Enrichment and Development, 1980-81.
- Member of the Jackson-Madison County Bar Association
- Member of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Member of FUMC Building Committee
- Affiliated in past with United Methodist Youth Fellowship Program at First United Methodist Church
- Past member of Board of Directors of Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce
- Lay Director of West Tennessee Chrysalis Walk #13
- Past member of Board of West Tennessee Emmaus
- Past Chairman of Board of Trustees of First United Methodist Church
- Past member of Board of Directors of Aspell Manor
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors of Jackson Center for Enrichment & Development (now known as Kiwanis Development Center)
- Past Chairman of the Board of Trustee of the West Tennessee Healthcare Foundation