- Practice Areas
- Firm History
- Firm News
- Prosecutorial Misconduct: Improper Closing Argument
- Making the Informant Show Up or Shut Up: Confrontation Issues in Federal Court
- An Ounce of Prevention - Legally Speaking; Will your employment policies hold up in court?
- An Overview of Expungement in Tennessee
- A Primer on Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law following the 2004 Major Amendment
- Eminent Domain Basics
- Home Study Information for Adopting Parents
Spragins, Barnett & Cobb clients include a number of large regional banks and financial institutions. The Senior Attorney in the Business and Commercial Practice Group has served as local General Counsel to one of our larger banks in Jackson. We have represented numerous financial institutions as outside counsel for years, providing a variety of services in the making, administration and collection of loans and credit transactions. We also handle creditor matters in the United States Bankruptcy Court.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in negotiating and preparing documentation and closing documents for commercial transactions, purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, commercial loan and lease transactions of all sizes and complexities. Spragins, Barnett & Cobb engages in an area wide residential mortgage foreclosure practice. We have the expertise to provide advice for commercial mortgage foreclosures, business workouts, commercial and consumer bankruptcies, and collection matters.
When a financial institution client becomes involved in defending or instituting a claim, our attorneys become part of a team, which works with the client to protect or pursue the clients rights or interests.