Heather J. Gavrock joined Spragins, Barnett & Cobb in 2017 as an associate attorney. She focuses her practice on Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, and Elder Law issues involving TennCare/Medicaid crisis planning when a loved one must be admitted into a skilled nursing facility or assisted living facility.
Mrs. Gavrock graduated from Union University, cum laude, in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science in Learning Foundations. Mrs. Gavrock earned a Master of Arts in Children's Literature from Hollins University in Roanoke, Virginia, in 2010. In 2016 Mrs. Gavrock graduated from Belmont University College of Law with a Juris Doctorate.
Mrs. Gavrock worked as a public school teacher for 10 years before attending law school. She first taught in Shelby County Schools where she was named one of the top 25 elementary school teachers in the Shelby County School system. Mrs. Gavrock also taught middle school in the Lexington City School System.
Mrs. Gavrock is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Tennessee and all lower appellate and trial courts, as well as the United States District Courts for the Western District of Tennessee and the Middle District of Tennessee. Mrs. Gavrock is a member of the American Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Jackson-Madison County Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, and the Tennessee Lawyers' Association for Women, where she serves as the Anne Schneider board representative.
Mrs. Gavrock resides in Martin, Tennessee, with her husband, Brandon Gavrock.
Areas Of Practice
- Wills and Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Asset Protection Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- General Civil Litigation
- Tennessee, 2016
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2017
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2018
- Belmont University College of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- Juris Doctorate
- Hollins University
- Master of Arts in Children's Literature
- Union University
- Bachelor of Science in Learning Foundations
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Jackson-Madison County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- • Lawyers Association for Women, Anne Schneider Chapter, Board Representative, 2017 to present
- Elder Counsel
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys