Where Experience Counts And Results Matter
Nancy L. Choate
Nancy makes her clients feel comfortable by offering a personal analysis of their individual situation and goals. She is able to create documents to meet the personal needs of the client in a timely manner. Clients often express appreciation in Mrs. Choate's ability to explain legal terms in "plain English" and to offer legal advice on complicated issues in a clear understandable manner. Both Nancy and her clients value the long-term relationships created as she helps them navigate the complexities of estate and disability planning.
Nancy and her family reside in Jackson where she is active in the community. Her community involvement includes:
- Past President of the Jackson Exchange Club and 2009 Exchangite of the Year
- Past member of the Central Board of The Carl Perkins Child Abuse Prevention Center.
- Past member Jackson Symphony Board.
- Leadership Jackson Alumni Association.
- Union University Foundation Trustee (Executive Committee)
- 2018 Sterling Award recipient recognizing the 20 most influential women in West Tennessee.
- Trustee Englewood Baptist Church.
- Nancy is also a Jackson Symphony Board Member and a University of Tennessee at Martin Alumni Board member.
Nancy and her husband, Curtis, are active members of Englewood Baptist Church in Jackson, Tennessee. They have two children, Anna, a graduate of Union University who now lives in Louisville, Kentucky, and Will, a graduate of Union University who is currently a law student at the University of Tennessee School of Law. Curtis and Nancy enjoy traveling with their children and grandchildren as well as supporting the performing arts.
- Estate Planning
- Probate – Estate Administration
- Trusts – Trust Administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Elder Law
- Business Planning
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1987
- University of Tennessee at Martin, Martin, Tennessee
- Bachelor of Science - 1983
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Public Administration
- Tennessee, 1987
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Jackson-Madison County Bar Association
- Lawyers Association for Women
- American Inns of Court - (Master)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Wealth Counsel
- Elder Counsel
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent
Classes & Seminars
- Frequent Speaker on the subject of Estate Planning and Probate and Elder Law
- Past President of the Jackson Exchange Club
- Member of the Central Board of The Carl Perkins Child Abuse Prevention Center
- Trusts and Endowment Committee (Carl Perkins CAP)
- Leadership Jackson Alumni Association
- Board of Directors for the Jackson Symphony and the Jackson Symphony League
- Board of Directors for the Discovery Museum of West Tennessee
- Member of Englewood Baptist Church