Teresa A. Luna
Teresa A. Luna is an Member in the Spragins, Barnett & Cobb Litigation Group. Although her practice is broad, her key areas of concentration are personal injury, commercial litigation, employment law, estate planning, education law, and municipal law.
Mrs. Luna graduated from Union University, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Arts in English and History. Mrs. Luna also received an M.S. degree in Counseling from the University of Memphis in 1982, graduating magna cum laude. Mrs. Luna graduated, magna cum laude, from the Nashville School of Law with a Juris Doctorate in 2007, ranking 3rd in a class of 133.
Before and during law school, Teresa Luna worked as a public school teacher for 20 years. First with the Crockett County School System and then the Jackson-Madison County School System. Mrs. Luna had a distinguished career receiving numerous awards including: Tennessee Teacher of the Year, 2000; USA Today Top Twenty Teachers in America, 2002; Recognized at White House as Distinguished Teacher of the Year, 1995; Union University Distinguished Alumnus Award, 2003; Jackson-Madison County Teacher of the Year, 2000; Jackson-Madison County Teacher of the Year, 2007; and Recognized by the Council for Christian Colleges as Top 21 Alumni of the Year, 2004. In 2010 Mrs. Luna received the Union University Alumni Distinguished Achievement Award. Mrs. Luna was also the coach of the Madison Academic High School and Jackson Central-Merry High School Academic Decathlon Teams, winning two National Championships, as well as eleven consecutive state titles.
Mrs. Luna is admitted to practice before the Tennessee Supreme Court, all Tennessee trial and appellate courts, the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, and the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. Mrs. Luna is a member of the Jackson-Madison County Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
Mrs. Luna resides in Jackson, Tennessee, with her husband, Tony Luna. They are members of the Englewood Baptist Church. Mrs. Luna and her husband have two grown children and three grandchildren.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Whistleblower Law
- Medicare Fraud
- Civil Rights Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Education Law
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Estate Planning and Litigation
- Tennessee, 2007
- Nashville School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Graduated 3rd in Class
- Union University, Jackson, Tennessee
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude
- Major: History and English
- University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee
- M.S. magna cum laude
- Major: Counseling
- Will Your Employment Policies Hold Up in Court, West Tennessee Medical News, December, 2008
- Recent Developments in False Claim Act Law, 2014
- When a Government Entity Forbids a Citizen to Talk about a Certain Issue
Honors and Awards
- Selected by “Super Lawyers” as a 2016 Mid-South Rising Star, an honor given to only 2.5% of attorneys in the Mid-South.
- Named “10 Best” Employment and Labor Law Attorneys in Tennessee for 2016 by the American Institute of Legal Counsel.
- Recipient of Clarence Suiter, Holly Russell, and Arney Scholarships
- Inducted into the Cooper’s Inn Honor Society for Top 10% of Law School Class
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Jackson-Madison County Bar Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Lawyers Association for Women
- American Inns of Court
- Tennessee Employment Lawyers Association
- Editor of Inns of Court Newsletter, Howell Edmonds Jackson Chapter
- Tennessee Bar Association CLE Committee Member